Thursday, October 22, 2009

Read-a-thon 2009, here I come!




I'm so excited! My very first readathon. I've nagged my friend Janicu into doing it with me. I went to the library and got books. I went to Borders and got books. My husband is out of town. It's the perfect time to curl up and read read read!
  • Hana Yori Dango books that I got from the library. It's a Japanese anime series that I'm completely addicted to.
  • A trilogy from Nicole Jordan: To Seduce a Bride, To Bed a Beauty, and To Pleasure a Lady.
  • Lisa Kleypas' Tempt Me at Midnight
  • J.R. Ward's Covet
  • Julia Quinn's To Catch an Heiress
  • Elizabeth Hoyt's To Beguile a Beast
  • Julie Powell's Julie & Julia, which I started but haven't finished.
  • Scott Westerfeld's series: The Pretties (oops, I read this already. How did it get in the pile?) and The Extras.
  • MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series: Undead and Unwelcome
  • Rachel Mead's YA vampire series: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, and Shadow Kiss. I think there is another book I didn't get yet.
  • LHK's Skin Trade. I have about 100 pages left. It's been a slow read.
And if I don't feel like reading any of these in the pile, I can always do my Sookie Stackhouse or Harry Potter challenges.

So on the west coast, I'm supposed to start at 5 a.m. Ummmmm. Not sure that's going to happen. But I will be up as early as possible and stay up as late as possible. I'm not planning on leaving the house for food though!




FYI - I'm posting my updates on Vox since I like the formatting for Vox better. I'll update Blogger after I'm done with the Read-a-thon. :) Thanks for all the cheerleaders' messages!!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon (I hope you're still participating)! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got too ambitious. I think I can go through the anime pretty fast.

    Thanks Eva! I'm updating my progress on VOX: http://bookfiendo.vox.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! CHEERS! I've only read the Julie&Julia but the Westerfields are on my wishlist. have an awesome 'Thon! Keep readin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You are one of the winners of The Lovely Bones on my blog but you did not leave an email to be reached at. So in the hopes of contacting you, I am leaving a comment here. Just email me your address to bookwormygirl(at)gmail(dot)com . You have until Wednesday - 11/11 to get back to me, if not I will have to choose a new winner on Thursday.

    Hope to hear from you soon, Nely

    ReplyDelete