Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris (also on Vox)

In Dead and Gone, Charlaine Harris reminded me again why I loved this series to begin with - ERIC!!! To me, it felt like the series has been taking a bit of a detour with Sookie's involvement in the were community and the other men that have come into Sookie's life. In this book, more Eric! And I loved it!

In this book, the weres have decided to follow the vampires out of the paranormal closet. At first, it seems like the big reveal for the weres are going pretty well. But then, Sookie finds the body of a werepanther in the Merlotte's parking lot. "But what she doesn't realize is that there is a much greater danger than the killer threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings - older, more powerful, and far more secretive than vampires or werewolves - are preparing for war."

The part in quotes are from the book blurb. I have to say though, this part is a bit misleading. It was a bit of a let down about these "unhuman beings" and the war they are waging. But, I still enjoyed the book a lot. Mostly because of Eric! Ok, I can't stop gushing about Eric. So by now, Eric has remembered what he previously has forgotten. And now he's seriously woo-ing Sookie.

Because I love Eric so much (can you tell?), I was pretty happy with this book. We do get some visits from Sookie's ex-boyfriends, Quinn and Bill. And of course, Sam is always involved. But overall, I'm satisfied with the way Sookie/Eric is progressing and look forward to the next book. Oh, Sookie gets more involved in the paranormal world as she looks for the murderer, blah blah Eric blah blah.

Overall: B+.

1 comment: